Past owner called

Ken_Lincoln

I had an interesting phone call at the weekend from the previous owner of my 1934 Dodge.

Although it is almost 6 years ago that I brought it, he was going through some papers and came across my name and phone number.

Seems his wife passed away recently and he was thinking about all the enjoyment that it gave them both over the years that he had it.

We chatted for almost an hour and he was pleased to hear it is in good hands and being driven at every opportunity.

I sent him an entry form and booklet from the Australia Day display that featured Dodges and had mine on the cover and form.

I included a dvd copy of a tv coverage of the event on Classic Restos { I beleve it is on some channels in the US and in England now } and a cd with a heap of photos of it out and about..

I am sure he was feeling a bit down when thinking about the car but I hope the chat cheered him up....

I know that we have all wondered about the cars we have passed on and what happened to them ...

Keeping our cars on the road is not only for our pleasure, but for the next generation to enjoy as well

I included the photo with the caravan in the background as it was taken on the day I went to look at the car ... He was setting off with his wife for a holiday soon after...

post-88994-143142873851_thumb.jpg

post-88994-143142873816_thumb.jpg

What an awesome story. Would love to get a copy to put it up on our Dodge City Vintage Website. Be up and running in a couple of months. Just visited a local repair shop that the owner owns a 1947 Desoto Custome with a million miles on it. It was used to chauffeur movie stars between our town of Sonora Ca to L.A. CA. The car was in a Christmas parade on the day after Thanksgiving.

post-78906-14314287552_thumb.jpg

post-78906-14314287543_thumb.jpg

post-78906-143142875446_thumb.jpg

post-78906-143142875464_thumb.jpg

post-78906-143142875476_thumb.jpg

post-78906-14314287549_thumb.jpg

post-78906-143142875507_thumb.jpg

Edited by countrytravler (see edit history)

Great stories...

I've called the 2nd previous owner of my truck and he was quite surprised to hear from me. Always an interesting conversation regardless who's calling who or what the situation, seems like both parties are always interested in hearing about developments and/or history. Can never get tired of those kind of stories.