Calyx Manifold Dressing

VickyBlue

It is like shoe polish paste. I did the manifold on the 37 and both manifolds on the Buick. I barely scratched the top. I did apply it thick, so you can get the idea. Once the manifold gets hot, it bakes and it goes nowhere. I just came from a 40 mile ride and the hotter it gets, the better it looks... They claim you might have to touch it up once every three years or so, but with this pace, i don't see me buying another one...

On a second note, how about this? Bias ply, 30 psi on all four corners. Back road driving average speed 55 mph with short bursts of 90 plus...

post-81824-143142874747_thumb.jpg

post-81824-143142874783_thumb.jpg

WOW! That's pretty impressive stuff. Exhaust manifolds are always the sore spot in an otherwise detailed engine compartment. I may have to try that for Old Bessie! Any special preparation that needs to be done or unique application methods? Looks like it might be on the Christmas List this year! Thanks for the tip.

Great product for manifolds, I have used it on many cars and it will last 2-4 years depending on how much you drive them.

Just clean off the old scale and crud, rub it in and fire up the motor to cook it on. Run the car outside as it will smell a bit during the bake on process, and your wife may not like it if you do it in the garage.

On one car that the manifolds were rather pitted, I added a bit of mineral spirits to the Calyx to let it flow a bit better into all the pits and give a smoother more uniform coating. Used a tooth brush to help work it into the surface and get into areas I couldn't get with my fingers and rag. Worked great and the manifolds really turned out well.

Its good stuff - have used it for years, think its only been touched up once or twice. Still have the original 3 oz. Toothbrush is works it into the manifold well - good idea to add some mineral spirits - it does get thick in the container after a few years.

• 2 weeks later...
It is like shoe polish paste. I did the manifold on the 37 and both manifolds on the Buick. I barely scratched the top. I did apply it thick, so you can get the idea. Once the manifold gets hot, it bakes and it goes nowhere. I just came from a 40 mile ride and the hotter it gets, the better it looks... They claim you might have to touch it up once every three years or so, but with this pace, i don't see me buying another one...

On a second note, how about this? Bias ply, 30 psi on all four corners. Back road driving average speed 55 mph with short bursts of 90 plus...

[ATTACH=CONFIG]285592[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]285593[/ATTACH]

Just filled up the truck at $1.929/gallon yesterday in Buick's old hometown of Flint.