MrEarl - if that's your real name?

RivNut

or as as the Cadillacs said back in '55, should we just call you Speedo?

This is NOT an invitation for you to post a picture of yourself in a speedo either.

No worry there, I will defer the exhibitions of speedos to our Dandy Dave of which he so famous.

The MrEarl name came about many years ago. The first time was when I was building the farm, I had some black friends from work (I was in Public Works Engineering and they worked at the Street Department) helping me on the farm. One of them had "borrowed" some gloves from the pile of gloves employees left when they quit or were fired. The pair of them that I was wearing that day had "Earl" written on them in magic marker. While we were taking a break, one of the newer guys who apparently didn't know my first name called me Earl a couple of times. One of the others told him "That's Mr Earl to you". Then three of them started in singing the song Speedo/MrEal in harmony. It was great. I had heard the song many years ago but because these guys were older than me they knew it well. At the end of the break, I canted "Ok, let's get back to work, I don't believe in wastin time." From then on I was often referred to as Mr Earl when I would go out to the jobsites to check on my projects. I think only one of those guys is still alive today. They were great. In fact one of them taught my son how to tie his shoes in just a few minutes after I had been trying for weeks. Something about a rabbit in a log hole. Those were the good ol days.

Shortly after that and while I was still being referred to every once in awhile as MrE, I joined this Forum. Also at about that time is when the likeness of Mr Harley Earl was being used extensively in magazine ads and tv commercials. When it came to deciding on a forum name I felt Harley was being somewhat disrespected by being referred to as simply Harley all the time. So I thought well, I'll show my respect by using the name of MrEarl. Not that I am as much as a pimple on that great mans posterior, just that I wanted to show some respect to the Earl name.

SOOOO, there ya go, now you know's the rest of the story. Here is my favorite video of the Cadillacs

and if you were ever a follower of the Cadillacs like me and haven't heard, here is some sad news

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/cadillacs-singer-earl-carroll-dead-at-75-20121127

I can't remember what I did yesterday BUT I remember the Pierce Arrow, zebra striped speedo thread, so hell NO I am not looking again.

I should have read this and taken heed BEFORE opening the link. Quick! Someone post some new pictures to Girls on Buicks IV.

Ed