Studebaker Accessory booklets and bulletins 1931-1942

studeq

Studebaker did not start marketing accessories until the 1931 model year. Soon thereafter they began issuing regular bulletins to keep dealers and salesmen appraised of what was available and at what price. With each new model introduction they would distribute a new list and these regular bulletins would include photos and descriptions of all the new accessories along with the part numbers and prices. These should not be confused with the booklets that were included with every new car. Those, while nice, did not include the same amount of information and lacked both the prices and part numbers. I have a complete pre-WWII collection of the Retail Salesman’s Guides to accessories as shown here. In the first composite I have included the covers only along with the number of pages and illustrations in each. In the 2nd composite I have included the front cover in the top row and a sample page from that issue below it. I would be glad to run quality copies of these for anyone interested. The cost would be determined by the number of pages. For example the 28 page 1941 edition would be $23 plus postage and the shorter 8 page 1932 Studebaker-Rockne issue would be $13 plus postage . The postage would vary depending on location but average about $4.00 for U.S. and slightly more outside the country. Email me at rtq11@aol.com if interested.

I might add that there was also Truck accessory booklets similar to these and periodic updates to the automobile issues. Can elaborate on these in the event you have questions.

post-30776-143142866733_thumb.jpg

post-30776-143142866686_thumb.jpg