Where to buy pan gasket etc?

John_Mc

Guys I terms of price, service and knowledge, where should I buy all the parts needed to drop the pan of my '37 Zephyr V-12?

I know the usual suspects, but who have you had a good experience with? Thanks.

John, go back to the "sources" illustration on the LZOC web page and click in EARL BROWN for all your mechanical needs, gaskets etc. H has been supplying our Lincoln Zephyr needs since 1975. Print out his catalog and see what you need. Merv Atkins is also another excellent source. Patronize the listed sources. You will not be disappointed. You will need the master LINCOLN ZEPHYR chassis catalog...Our "bible" There is also a 1937 Body Parts catalog available which ypu should have. You will find LZOC members the best sources of information on your car. Join the club...just print out the membership application also available on the web page site. You are just starting to have fun with your car.

Guest 39 Pickup

Caution on buying NOS pan gaskets. They tend to shrink over the years from absorbing moisture out of the air. I have found that NAPA gasket material in 36" lengths works well. With the pan off the car, it is no problem to make a new pan gasket.

Guest 65Starfire

Why don't you post some pics of the job and a little tutorial for the group so the next guy can benefit from the institutional knowledge... A lot of the old timers have valuable info that we should get into the light of day for the next set of guys who love these cars...