Wanted, parts for 1929 Dodge Brothers Standard Six

db17

Hello everyone, I am hoping someone will b able to help me with some parts I need.

Window glass carrier for all windows except the two rear small windows, (the part that the window sits on only). I have the crank that moves the window up/down.

Thanks for looking at my request

I agree with Ron. 8 hours of waiting is not near enough time to expect to be able to find the parts especially for a Standard Six. They are very tough to find items for. They will show up eventually.

You bet John It took 18 years to find the correct door handles I had one and a few years ago I was at a swap meet and a guy had 4 of them for $5.00 each They were covered in about a dozen coats of paint but cleaned up rather well. I was terrified of wrecking the bakelite but it went well and I now have 5 handles

just as a point of interest I made the channels for the senior using 1/2 inch hollow square tube, I cut a groove on one side with an angle grinder to take the glass

the glass was secured with a silicone sealer ,the piece for the wheel to lift and lower the glass was fabricated out of 1/8 mild steel flat

works well without any binding . lasted 4 years so far

Thanks for the tip on making my own window guides. I could probably do that. Sorry if I sound frustrated, I guess I am. I also have a 1917 that has been sitting for 6+ years waiting for parts. Every time I think I'm making progress I find another problem. I'm finally getting my 1917 engine finished and find out my clutch plate is cracked. If its not one thing its another. I've decided to put the 17 aside and work on my 29.

The 1917 is in really wonderful condition but I guess I made a mistake buying it in boxes. This site keeps me motivated.

Thanks Guys!!

Steve, I'm still trying to locate parts for you. Haven't forgotten but as you know these parts are not easy to find.

I compare and check every set of top bows and brackets I come across for your 17 but still have had no luck (yet). Until then, I'll continue the search for you and others who need parts....(still have piles and piles to sort through).

I've learned that with the old DB stuff you just need to accept it and have fun with the lengthy learning process. The parts will come but as mentioned, it does take a lot of time to get it correct. I doubt anyone would ever judge you on hidden window channels so I'd just make my own if I were in your shoes. Good luck

My cars are my life since I retired. I wake up thinking about them and go to bed thinking about them.

Thanks!! Its a good thing!!!

I'm not retired but I completely understand as I'm sure most on here can relate to...

If I had the space, I'd have the 30 in my office with me :D