Brake Pressure Warning

Guest danc1989

Guest danc1989

My low brake pressure warning light has been on, so I tested the accumulator which tested bad. I replaced the accumulator and the light still persists. What is the next likely cause for low abs brake pressure???

here is a link on Amazon to the part you need.

You might find one in a salvage yard but there is no assurance it is good.

http://www.amazon.com/ACDelco-25533700-Original-Equipment-Pressure/dp/B000C9NGPK/ref=sr_1_19?ie=UTF8&qid=1417702556&sr=8-19&keywords=brake+pressure+switch

Edited by Barney Eaton (see edit history)

Guest danc1989

I ordered part #25533700, Amazon said the 255308 model doesnt fit. I assume if the switch is fouled with brake fkuid it is no longer usable. Is there a correctable cause for this seepage? Will a pipe wrench remove the old switch? The manual calls for a special tool.

Danc1989:

if you follow the link that Ronnie provided, you'll see the price for the pressure switch thru the Reatta Store is identical to the price from Barney's link . . . Sometimes the price is lower at the Reatta Store but never higher.

The reason many of us like to do business thru the Reatta Store is twofold. First, the part has been reviewed and evaluated for use in Reatta's. Secondly, there is a significant cost to Ronnie for software, web hosting, and maintenance for ReattaOwner.com. Earnings from the Reatta Store help offset those expenses for Ronnie. You should "bookmark" that site and spend some time there - you will find over a dozen years of helpful instructions written by Barney and many others for all kinds of repairs that anyone that owns a Reatta is likely to face at some point.

I would encourage all visitors to this forum to take a look at the sticky at the top of the page entitled "Reatta Resources" . . . . it's time well spent! Good luck with your repairs to your 89 Reatta!! After you install the pressure switch it might be a good idea to look for and complete the Reatta Brake Test which can be found at www.reatta.net. Once you get your results, post them to your thread and someone will be able to further assist you.

Edited by Nittany (see edit history)

Guest danc1989

I replaced the accumulator and pressure switch and that solved the problem of "low brake pressure warning" message occuring. Now the amber anti-brake light stays on. Is this an indication of further problems? Thanks for everyones help and advice thus far.

Edited by danc1989
poor choice of words (see edit history)

Guest Mc_Reatta

If the amber light is on all the time the key is on, it can be a power issue or a wheel speed sensor issue. If it goes out and then returns after you start rolling, then it is most likely a wheel speed sensor.

Here's a link to Ronnie's site that shows where the fuse and power relay are in an 89:

http://reattaowner.com/roj/component/content/article/84-suspension-a-brakes/brakes-electrical/174-brake-abs-relay-location

If they are OK then here's how to check the wheel sensors:

http://reattaowner.com/roj/component/content/article/84-suspension-a-brakes/brakes-electrical/313-wheel-sensor-troubleshooting

There are vendors on the forum that can offer replacements for these almost unobtainium parts.