Olympic Pedal Covers

rob.webb

Hey gang,

After nearly 70 years owning full-eliptical spring Franklins (and one beast without them for around 10 years), my family bought an Olympic Coupe. We don't know much about the availability of parts for the REO made sections of the car.

One thing ours is missing is ruber covers for the brake and clutch pedals, which are long and thin, as opposed to the nearly square ones on other Franklins. My dad has found a guy who can make reproductions of these pedal covers, and we have a nice sample as a pattern. As with most rubber production, it will cost about the same amount to make several sets as to make one set.

Is there any interest in buying these if we make run?

Rob and Steve. I believe my Olympic has the original pedal pads and they are different than what Metro Molded has. I contacted Shrock Bros. in Pa, they make beautiful pedal pads for Studebakers in the 30s and they said they could make pedal pads for the Olympic if I could supply a good original. I'd be glad to pursue it if there is interest, I'll take a good photo of a pedal pad tomorrow. Dave P