Trunk Lift Support. New ones won't open trunk

I just put on new trunk lift supports. They seem to be good supports and they are the correct support for the car. When I pop the trunk button the lock unlocks but the trunk does not open. If someone is standing at the rear of the car they can help it a bit and the trunk opens. Obviously, they means that one person can't open the trunk alone using the trunk release. Any ideas?

Lowell

StrongArm #6440. They fit fine and seem to be the correct size. The trunk just won't pop open.

Try giving your trunk stops a turn or two, that will raise your trunk lid enough to get the weight off the latch. If your lid is already perfect with body lines adjust your latch up a hair, that should keep you from re-locking.

As far as I know these trunk lids never popped open. They would open just far enough to keep from relatching as closed. If you can pop the button and walk back to the trunk and lift the lid then that is as good as it should be. If it relatches then something needs adjusting. The geometry is wrong for the supports to actually cause the lid to open up.

I just put on new trunk lift supports. They seem to be good supports and they are the correct support for the car. When I pop the trunk button the lock unlocks but the trunk does not open. If someone is standing at the rear of the car they can help it a bit and the trunk opens. Obviously, they means that one person can't open the trunk alone using the trunk release. Any ideas?

Lowell

I read all the answers. The fact is that the trunk is not designed to pop open when the lock is released.

As you stated, they are trunk SUPPORTS, not trunk openers.