1948 Nash Ambassador

Guest papaw

Thanks, under trim it has T10 and I kinda also threw me off as what the T is for.
There should be both a Trim code and a Paint Code on your data plate. The paint code (from the chart that was posted) may be T for the Tan in 1948 but check it. The Trim code is the code for the color and style of upholstery you have. Some cars could have a bench seat up front for instance, which would require a different code that a split bench or reclining seats. The broghams (sp?) had a unigue back seat. The T in the Trim code might have stood for Tan or maybe not. You would need a salesman's data book for similar type of information to know for sure. Joe

was working on the car today and realized a W in the corner for the paint code. Did not see it till I cleaned up the data plate. Now I know what the original color was. The color was Canterbury Gray Dark.

was working on the car today and realized a W in the corner for the paint code. Did not see it till I cleaned up the data plate. Now I know what the original color was. The color was Canterbury Gray Dark.

I'm pleased that you found it. All of the Nash colors back then seemed to be pretty muted. No Candy Apple Red for sure. Joe