1965 headliner

coast

I have a 65 Riv. Has dark green interior and exterior. The original headliner was a light green. The fabric design appears to be called bedford from what I have found on google.

The problem is that I can find the correct fabric but not the correct color or anything close to it. They do have a dark green but I am concerned that might be to much dark green inside.

My questions is has anyone found the correct fabric and color for this interior combination. If not I would like to know if anyone has switched to a different color for the headliner that looked good against the dark green interior.

Any help, suggestions are appreciated,

Bob

I have a 65 Riv. Has dark green interior and exterior. The original headliner was a light green. The fabric design appears to be called bedford from what I have found on google.

The problem is that I can find the correct fabric but not the correct color or anything close to it. They do have a dark green but I am concerned that might be to much dark green inside.

My questions is has anyone found the correct fabric and color for this interior combination. If not I would like to know if anyone has switched to a different color for the headliner that looked good against the dark green interior.

Any help, suggestions are appreciated,

Bob

Bob,

If you cant find the correct color you can always spray it to whatever color you like. I have had surprisingly good luck with dyeing vinyl seats so I would think dyeing a headliner would give satisfactory results.

If you want to change color Buick used silver in their black interiors. The light color really brightens up the interior and looks fine. Good luck,

Tom Mooney

PS For the benefit of other members where did you find the correct material? Clarks? Thanks

http://www.stockinteriors.com/bowheadliner.asp?Itemid=12915&MakeId=3&ModelId=35

This is the place I found the material that appears to be a match to the original. The bedford under samples is what I was looking at.

As Ed said, try SMS and see if they might have the material. I bought enough original dark green yardage to redo my interior

if it ever needs it from SMS. It is an exact match to the dark green in my 65 Riviera. I too have the mint green headliner and fortunately it looks like new....hopefully it will stay that way. If I was redoing the headliner in my car and SMS didn't have the mint green, I would go with the dark green bedford material. It looks like it would match the rest of the interior and I think it would look very nice. If you feel you must have the correct color, buy the white bedford headliner and dye it mint green. On my

car the headliner is about the same color as the outside of the car so the mint green looks very nice. On a Verde green car, I really do believe the dark green headliner would look better as then the entire car would be dark green.

Edited by Seafoam65 (see edit history)

• 2 weeks later...

I followed ed's advice and ordered a sample from SMS. Material is 100% a match. They did not have the mint green that was the original color, but did have a lighter green which I actually like much better anyway. Going to order my headliner from them today.

Thanks Ed.

Bob

I followed ed's advice and ordered a sample from SMS. Material is 100% a match. They did not have the mint green that was the original color, but did have a lighter green which I actually like much better anyway. Going to order my headliner from them today.

Thanks Ed.

Bob

At one point Clark`s had the correct grain material but not all the colors. Is that no longer true? Did you try Clark`s?

Tom Mooney

Hey Tom,

Tried Clarks and did not like any of the colors they had for my color combo. Found a great light green I really like at SMS. I think it will look better then the original mint green color. Hope I am right.

Bob

Hey Tom,

Tried Clarks and did not like any of the colors they had for my color combo. Found a great light green I really like at SMS. I think it will look better then the original mint green color. Hope I am right.

Bob

Hi Bob,

Thanks for the reply. So, Clark`s had the "correct" material but not the same color selection as SMS? Can you post a pic of the material you decided to purchase versus the original? And perhaps the material Clark`s provided? Thanks,

Tom