1948 Chrysler front fender trim

Bob40

Are the 3 front fender trim spears different lengths between models?

A relative has a New Yorker and I found a Windsor in a small salvage yard that has the trim.

I believe the New Yorker should be longer but need to confirm.Not going to remove the trim unless it will work.

I think they are the same lengths as the extra length in the fenders is behind the wheel opening.

I have about four sets of those and will be picking the best ones for my project and then the spares will be available.

After a productive day yesterday I can confirm that these three trims are indeed the same between the New Yorker and the Royal.

I have two complete sets available but will need re-chroming.

I also have real nice side trims for the four door cars. excluding the rear fender trim which is already sold.

Guest markrush

I have been curious about a couple things:

Some Chryslers have two and some three vertical bumper guards and some none. Were these options the customer could choose?

Also, it has always bugged me that the center bumper guard is angled in the back. It catches the eye, looks asymmetrical and serves no function. Is this just some designer's whim?

I have been curious about a couple things:

Some Chryslers have two and some three vertical bumper guards and some none. Were these options the customer could choose?

Also, it has always bugged me that the center bumper guard is angled in the back. It catches the eye, looks asymmetrical and serves no function. Is this just some designer's whim?

I do not have an answer to that.

I do have a stack of the guards, but I don't think I am going to use them.