Are these brake drums correct?

Beltfed

post-88682-143142854559_thumb.jpg Here are two pics of my front and rear brake drums. You'll notice the rear one (blue tape) has spiral like ridges going to the center hub which I read somewhere is correct for the Zephyr. The front one doesn't have the spirals. Looks Ford to me but unsure. Is the front ones correct?

post-88682-143142854539_thumb.jpg

Well, it sure is different. I found two more of the sprial drums in a Ford stash at a friends yesterday. He doesn't know what they fit either, but he's near 70 and has been collecting since age 14. I'll attach a pic of one of his many cars. You'll never see it as it's a one of one 32 Ford.

I'm starting to believe the spindles and drums on my front are Ford 35-36 but not for sure. Well heck, as long as they work.

post-88682-143142856942_thumb.jpg

John, I was looking at your pics a little closer and it struck me... They don't look to be the wide 5 drums. I'm unsure what was shipped over the pond but I think someone may have changed your drums out for a latter Ford pattern. What kind of wheels are you running. Got a pic of them?

Larry,

This is what got me to scratching my head. I bought a drum off eBay that is an exact match for the front drums that came on the '38. The guy had it listed as a 35-36 Ford. I thought the guy just didn't know what he had, so I jumped on it. Again, I have never been close to another original Zephyr so I don't know what's right and what's not. As many other screwed up things I've found on this car I just don't know. Thanks for your input.

Beltfed. Early 38 LZ. had the wide stud pattern drums and 3 fins, not sure about the spirals, don't think so, havnt had mine off for about 15 yrs. then the narrow studs ran for the rest of the yr. If the spiral hubs measure up use em, they may be off 37 LZ, as a lot of the running gear was Ford V8 on the 36/37 Zephyrs.

John, I was looking at your pics a little closer and it struck me... They don't look to be the wide 5 drums. I'm unsure what was shipped over the pond but I think someone may have changed your drums out for a latter Ford pattern. What kind of wheels are you running. Got a pic of them?

Hi Beltfed

post-41638-143142869709_thumb.jpg

Sorry for delay in getting back to you...here's the photo of my '39 front wheel.

John