Buick Art

Guest my3buicks

Guest my3buicks

Since i moved into my new place, i have turned the 3rd floor landing and hall into a Buick art gallery. Just got some items back from the framing shop. post-30591-143142854509_thumb.jpg[ATTACH=CONFIG]283367

post-30591-143142854459_thumb.jpg

post-30591-143142854485_thumb.jpg

Nice to see it in the house......most of us must hang it in the garage. If you don't mind, I will share a couple of my prized Buick items.

post-30596-143142855891_thumb.jpg This is a copy of one of Dave McIntosh original Reatta sketches. I did some horse trading with him to make me a copy of his original. Also note on the right below the picture there is a brass Reatta script, that was purchased on Ebay and is an original prototype part, unplated and without mounting studs.

post-30596-143142855921_thumb.jpgI purchased this original photograph of a Reatta in a wind tunnel note the tie downs coming off the sides. This picture was hanging somewhere in one Buick plant. The size is 17 X 24 a plaque says "taken in Buick's wind tunnel building 94 Flint MI"

[ATTACH=CONFIG]283589[/ATTACH]I purchased this original photograph of a Reatta in a wind tunnel note the tie downs coming off the sides. This picture was hanging somewhere in one Buick plant. The size is 17 X 24 a plaque says "taken in Buick's wind tunnel building 94 Flint MI"

Hummmm, Thought I knew the Buick complex pretty well. I do not remember any wind tunnel in Flint. The only wind tunnel that I know GM has is at the tech center. You can see the building from 12 Mile Rd. Maybe someone else might have a better recollection.

Guest my3buicks
post-30591-143142857722_thumb.jpgIn line for restoration and mounting is an original studio art presentation for the 67 Skylark - it has a flip down 3D sheet that covers the artwork for depth. Picked this one up and some other items 30 years ago from a Buick execs estate sale

• 2 weeks later...

Neat stuff! The house is filled with similar Oldsmobile stuff, to point I have to rotate it out every so often. It started with an ebay find set of 1960 Olds postcards...

Brian, where did you find a print of the 1959 GM Annual Report cover large enough to frame?

Digging that Sputnik lamp too.