We're off to fetch the new wagon.

Guest sintid58

Guest sintid58

We left Sioux Falls around 5:30 this afternoon headed to Helena Montana to drive the 63 Special wagon home. 895 miles each way. My co-pilot thinks I'm nuts but hoping to be there early in the morning and get a bit back this way before we stop to rest. Shooting to be home by Saturday noon. Got the tool box packed hope we don't need it. Will keep you posted.

Guest sintid58

Quick rundown so far. Left yesterday at 5:30 pm from Sioux Falls. Got to Helena at about 6:30 this morning central time. 894 miles. The guy that had the car was very nice and even put the car on the hoist for me to look at. The manual transmission is a joy to drive and the little V6 really seems peppy with it. Right now I'm about 300 miles from home and its 8:15 pm central time. Going to grab a nap in the back and then head the rest of the way home. The car has been running great and I'm really happy with the gas mileage. The first tank was all mountain driving and we did a ppretty steady 70 mph most of the time. That tank averaged just under 25 mpg. The 2nd tank was still quite a bit of mountain but a little slower because of more 2 lane and the little 6 was right at 26 mpg. I'm curious what the rest of the trip will do now that we're out of the mountains. The car has the usual scars of a 51 year old but nothing major. I'll put my pictures in tomorrow.

My brother in Indiana has a Kia Soul in a green that is close to Olive Drab... the first time I saw it he had big stick on white stars on the doors .... like a WWII military vehicle.

Trying to do my part for him and the car, I stripped a Lincoln of it's "Town Car" emblems..... added magnetic tape on the back and now he has a Soul "Town Car"

Guest sintid58

The Kia was very inexpensive less than $150 per month for 3 year lease and I traded in a rusted out Focus that I only paid $1500 f0r 3 years ago. Enough about the Kia it seems to be a good car and I enjoy it.