Cole & Woop Coachworks, looking for leads

alini

Im researching my family history and my great great grandfather, William Woop, teamed up with George N. Cole in NY and were making custom coachworks for cars between 1906 and 1916.

The made bodies for Pierce Arrows, Smith and Mableys, and Ive read Ardsleys. It would be outstanding to find a car still in existence but this early on Im just looking for intel. I have found pictures of cars and read stories of auto shows where they had cars show cased.

If anyone has come across this name in their research or own a car I would love to hear from you. He worked with Cole under the Cole & Woop name as well as independently as William Woop Co.

Thanks

• 3 weeks later...

Here's a photo of a c. 1914 Packard taken many years after the car was built, which may exist but not in the configuration seen. This was a press photo and the driver was identified as Louis Friedel. I've also understood the body was by Cole and Woop. The pre-1916 Packard roster is online here, but you won't see this car with that body among the survivors. Please keep us posted on what you find, especially if you discover this car does exist, rebodied.

post-65643-143142891924_thumb.jpg