How to remove axle/radius rod bolt and nut

Beltfed

Need to separate the axle from the radius rods on my 1938 to address replacement shackle studs. First problem I'm having is breaking the nut loose from the axle nut. I tried Kroil over several days, impact wrench, breaker bar with cheater bar, lots of heat. Any suggestions? After I DO get it off, how do you suggest getting the axle bolt out? I've thought about drilling two small holes in the radius Rod for the 'straw' on the Kroil can. Keep shooting Kroil in the holes until I see it coming out of the bottom. Good idea or....?

Thanks

Guest 39 Pickup

Removing the spring perchs can be just as difficult and maybe more so than removing the shackle studs. To remove the shackle studs, drive out the stud from its casing. Then take a hacksaw blade and run it through the casing where the stud was. Cut the casing down to the perch, remove the hacksaw blade and finish the casing off by collapsing the casing at the point that yu were cutting it. To replace the shackle stud, clean out the rust from the hole, warm up the perch, ice down the shackle stud and press it in with a hydraulic press. This last part is the difficult part as two people are needed to balance the perch/axle/wishbone assemble and not allow the perch to cool down or the shackle stud to warm up too much. There was a K. D. Tool made to remove and replace these shackle studs.

Thanks 39, I just got the nut off. Wow, what a job. Used lots of heat (several times), Kroil oiled it for days, and finally put an air hammer to an edge of the nut. Then the impact wrench and it moved. A Ford restorer in town replaces my shackle studs for next to nothing. He has been a God send for me as a go to reference and he lets me borrow his long forgotten KRW tools. He's the one I borrowed the spring spreader from.

now to get that bolt out.