Roadster Leaf Spring Help

JayG

I always wondered why my roadster sat so high and I think the problem is too many leaves in the springs. Being an early 25 (A160xxx) according to the DB Master Parts List it should have 9 leaves in the front. Mine has 11. I can remedy that. The rear spring assembly is noted as part number 19119 and is listed for Roadster and Wooded Coupe. The problem is it doesn't specify the number of leaves like it does for the front assembly.

Anyone out there with a 24 or 25 Roadster (929894 thru A207373) that could tell me how many leaves are correct for the rear spring I would appreciate the help. Even if your numbers don't fit this range I'd like to hear from you. Thanks, Jay

Hi Jay

My 1925 series roadster (A283946) has seven leaves in the rear springs. And these are definitely the original springs. I have no reason to believe that the 1924 series roadster would be any different as the weights would be the same.

Hope this helps.

Tony

Tony - Thanks for the response. Could you verify that the front has 9 leaves? Also any chance of a picture that would show me the leaves in the rear? I need to know which ones were added to mine and which ones need to stay. Thanks again, Jay