1954 Crown Imperial Coupe Chrome Trim for front of hood

Guest Aussiecrowncoupe

Guest Aussiecrowncoupe

I have just joined this forum in the hope that someone may help me out with a search for a chrome trim for my 1954 Chrysler Crown Imperial Coupe. It is the trim that sits directly below the front of the bonnet, or hood for you good folk, and is bolted directly to the main grille. I will attach a picture with arrows pointing to the trim I am after. If somebody can help me in this search it would be much appreciated. Cheers; Pete Mayne

My email address is pete@awcarcarriers.com.au

post-104654-143142848426_thumb.jpg

Guest Aussiecrowncoupe
Thats one tough piece of die cast to find in near perfect condition!

I looked for 15 years to find my 1951-52 Newyorker top grille bar.

Finally bought a mint NOS one from Frank Mitchell. $450.00

I would be more than happy to pay that sort of money for a mint one, it is just a matter of finding it. If you know of any contacts and could pass them on, that'd be great. Cheers

I would be more than happy to pay that sort of money for a mint one, it is just a matter of finding it. If you know of any contacts and could pass them on, that'd be great. Cheers

Aussie, that piece may be the same as the one on the new Yorker and Windsor for that year.it is stainless steel and not pot metal. I have a book somewhere that shows these grills broken down and may have part numbers. I will look in the garage today. these grill pieces come up on ebay often. if it is imperial specific it will be hard to find. worth the search as your car is beautiful. I have a 54 Windsor convertible. these Chryslers are well made cars and great to drive. capt den

I believe the entire grill on the 54 imperial is stainless. I know it is on the Windsor and new Yorker. the 53 Chryslers had pot metal grilles and all the used stuff is pitted. 54 stuff is still shiny but can be dented. I had a 1953 imperial and finding good grill parts was impossible. Korean war made Chrysler use pot metal and it does not hold up over the years. capt den

Guest Aussiecrowncoupe

Thanks for the replies regarding the grille piece I am chasing. I will try Hess Bros next week on the phone. It is Stainless and the main grille bar is die cast or "pot melt" as you blokes know it as. Cheers-Pete

Guest Aussiecrowncoupe
Pete, there is also a yard called imperial heaven if hess bos does not pan out. I have the address for it somewhere. they have more of the 60's cars, but do have a few 50's also. god luck. capt den

Thanks capt den, hopefully I will be in luck with Hess Bros. but if not I'll let you know. Cheers;Pete

• 2 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...
Guest Aussiecrowncoupe

Hi All, I am STILL trying to find the stainless trim that sits directly above the main grille bar, and bolted to it at either end, for my 1954 Chrysler Crown Imperial Coupe. Can anyone help me PLEASE...????? SEE PIC AT START OF THREAD

Edited by Aussiecrowncoupe (see edit history)