54 Roadster

buick41

this Roadmaster ran on ebay a couple of times and never met reserve then at a best offer and sold for under 12 grand.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1954-Buick-Roadmaster-Riviera-Model-76-R-/291275708191?pt=US_Cars_Trucks&forcerrptr=true&hash=item43d162971f&item=291275708191&nma=true&si=3oC3XZAiR%252B62jb6bL0dcmhPr3U8%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

But here is the rest of the story....

It has now been listed for sale again starting at 28 grand.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Beautiful-Restored-Original-1954-Buick-Roadmaster-rare-options-1955-1956-1957-/331380733659?pt=US_Cars_Trucks&forcerrptr=true&hash=item4d27d4b6db&item=331380733659&nma=true&si=3oC3XZAiR%252B62jb6bL0dcmhPr3U8%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

While it is indeed a beautiful car, considering the paint scheme is wrong, I do not consider it a Beautiful Buy at 28 grand. I did consider it a good buy at the 12 grand price.

Edited by MrEarl (see edit history)

Sounds like the seller is just a flipper. I don't believe anything in the listing except that it's not a "100 point car" and it doesn't come anywhere close to that figure.

The seller also used the same line here for his last three listings, "...(inset car model here) was purchased with the intention of showing it this up-coming car show season, but it doesn't appear myself or my family will be showing this one as much as we would like. Therefore, I would like to give someone else an opportunity to own this car great car.

Someone "gots some 'splanin to do".

I agree with your thoughts, Paul. That car should be known in the Buick community and this is a good place to ask. Give it a day or two.

In the meantime you can take Bleach's link and think about exotic places like Avtsraliya and where to put the comma in $20,000.

Strongly recommend hiring an appraiser.

Looks like the family won't be enjoying this Chevy either http://www.ebay.com/itm/Chevrolet-Bel-Air-150-210-Modified-1953-chevy-chevrolet-2-door-resto-mod-custom-touring-rat-hot-rod-/331393423475?forcerrptr=true&hash=item4d28965873&item=331393423475&pt=US_Cars_Trucks

Bernie

Edited by 60FlatTop (see edit history)

Here is one of my conversations with the owner of the car when it was 12 grand

Hi, not meaning to be critical but the color you listed isn't an original '54 Buick color and it would not have come from the factory with white underneath the sweepspears. Can you please provide the paint and interior data plate information. Is there ANY bubbling underneath the paint. Are the floors solid or have they been replaced. What is the condition of the trunk side panels and floor mat.Pictures? Will the various stickers be able to be removed without damaging the paint and trim?

Thanks,

Lamar

You are correct. I looked it up and discovered the color is "Baffin Green". My 1951 Buick was "Sharon Green",a very close color. The Buick was painted before I bought it. They two toned it on the lower body. It should be solid green with a white top. One small area at the rear edger drivers side wheel well opening has some bubbling. If you look close at the picture, you can see it. No patch panels anywhere. The trunk panels are repro panels. Trunk floor covering is aftermarket grey cloth. The stickers on the glass come off, the others are magnets. Remember, this is not a show car.

plastic61

I was seeing it would take an additional 6-8 grand to make this a nice # 2 car.

Thank you mr Earl.

I do understand what you mean now. It needs some work and above the money it allready costs that would increase the costs seriously .

For me it does not have to be an 100 point showcar . And judging is for me not so important. Its all about the feeling you have with a car. Honestly i like the paintsheme as it is . But ......... i hate rust and bubbeling paint....i saw enough at my 41 ...

It stay,s an intresting item that Buick..

Paul

1954 76R's/2 door Roadmaster Rivieras are scarce and getting harder to find everyday. The 56R/2 door Super Riviera while not quite as well appointed is the same body style and are more available. If you are serious about finding either one, hang out here and on the '54 Buick Highway and we will find you one.