MY BUICK/GOOGLE INSPIRED LOCOMOTIVE BUILD

smithbrother

I'm nearly finished with my 32" Buick/Google inspired solid walnut/copper Locomotive model.

Note, two center wheels are the DRIVERS, and rear is GIANT DRAG SLICK.

Over 400 hours, and hope to wrap up this month. I'm doing the details at the moment.

Side trim, (missing in photos) will be approx. 24" long, and will be a solid copper BULLET.

THEME: Buick powered Loco, faster than a SPEEDING BULLET. Exhaust smoke stacks, (2) are sheet copper. Front stack is longer and taller than one behind.

Super fun build, now to push my 15,000 miles 79 CUSTOM Vette into the shop for a complete re-do. That will be fun, and we ALL know,

"FUN IS GOOD"!

Dale in Indy post-67970-143142847162_thumb.jpg

post-67970-143142847156_thumb.jpg

post-67970-143142847159_thumb.jpg

Edited by smithbrother (see edit history)

Thank You, g-g-g0, and Barney,,,,,,

I have found, as probably most of you, that when you ENJOY doing something, YOU usually end up doing a good job.

I have built cars from the ground up, and still love getting down and dirty, but free hand model building without plans, or any kits, well, it is super fun, IMO.

I love one off projects. Going to revive my 79 Vette next, but will be looking for my next model build.

Dale in Indy

The Trestle is 40" long, and with Locomotive on such it measures nearly 14" tall.

Just now tonight I finished turning the bullet out of solid copper round 1-inch bar. Now to slice it down the middle.

I am doing details this week, Yes, I will be bringing my 4-Buick inspired models to Springfield. Got to say the 1945 Buick float came out so cool, as did the FuturLiner Buick powered bus.

My father would be so PLEASED to see my models of Buick stuff. I know there are lots and lots of LOYAL Buick people out there, but my dad, was loyal for over 60 years of Buick work. He used to laugh and say, " If you don't drive a Buick, you are the scum of the earth". Myers Marshall Smith 1912.

Dale in Indy

I love one off projects. Going to revive my 79 Vette next, but will be looking for my next model build.

Dale in Indy

For your next model build, may I suggest: YOUR 1954 Buick Century as it was when you built it, but rather than the scallops being painted on, that they be carved into it. "Maybe".....

WOW, can one imagine a '54' Buick Century in SOLID WALNUT, stance on a slight rake, approx. 30" long, with CARVED SCALLOPS. Then pulling a two-wheel trailer built with 49 long rear fenders, my choice of, (FENDER OF THE CENTURY).

I like my models approx. 30" long, they make a real statement.

I hope to post the finished Buick inspired Locomotive pictures in a few days. In small detail it will have carved into the walnut, POWERED BY BUICK.

I'm a thinkin,

Dale in Indy