What is it?

Den41Buick

I found this at Hershey this year. I know the valve is a control valve for a 41 Buick vacuum antenna. The bracket that it was paired with I am not sure. There are no markings on the bracket or numbers on the piece. My guess is it may be a bracket for another control valve from another GM car that may mount on the underside of the dash. Thanks

232323232%7Ffp83232%3Euqcshlukaxroqdfv6%3A44%3Dot%3E2435%3D7%3A%3B%3D%3C2%3B%3DXROQDF%3E2%3B97%3B77356246ot1lsi

Edited by Den41Buick (see edit history)

All of the original control valves from the 40/41 Buicks, both convert. top and antenna that I've seen have been of diecast material for the valve body, but there may have been others that I haven't seen.

I would say same in theory as the vacuum valve for the headlights for our Corvette, and it is a 1976.

Larry Does your corvette actually have a headlite control valve that looks like that? If so, people with vacuum antennas with non functioning control valves might be very happy to know about that as a possible replacement source. Just say'n

I had 2 differernt 41 buicks the antenna was controlled by a manual knob above the mirror no vacuum involved...but I had a 50 caddy that used a valve like that for the vacuum powered antenna. the bracket looks after market but you might be tempted to use it after seeing the contortions required to properly remove and reinstall the proper valve on the 50 ... easier to extend the hoses to this valve tucked away out of sight.