Atlanta Paint Shop needed

Guest dannirr

Guest dannirr

Hi all

I need/want to repaint my 1910 Silver Ghost. I need a Concours quality paint job (cost not important).

Anyone know of a place in or near Atlanta?

Thanks

Danni

My response was a bit tongue in cheek but you would be better served by trying to find a shop with proven ability to do concourse quality work rather than base your decision on locality of the shop. A 1910 Ghost is of significant value and deserves top quality work. I'm sure others will chime in with references to shops in your area with good reputations and track records.

Guest dannirr

Well, I was trying not to be rude in my response to you as it is exactly the points you make that are the reason I want a local place :). I have a place I use - but it is in New Hampshire. They are brilliant, and in all likelihood the car will go there as I know it will be perfect. It just makes trips to evaluate the process a little more difficult. As I am sure you know, a complete Concours repaint also includes some of the mechanical components not usually painted (front axle, springs etc) - so if it's done locally I can do the disassembly myself.

Thanks

I have a car being restored at Then and Now Auto Marietta Ga. He does a great job and a lot of different cars, very eclectic. All Concours quality. Excellent work and owner. His name is Mark Reeves. Worth checking out IMHO. Good luck with the car.

Edited by philip roitman (see edit history)

Guest dannirr

Thanks Philip. After quite a bit of research, I've decided to do what I have done before - and send the car up to a place I use in NH. I don't believe there is anyone in Atlanta or nearby who has the experience required to work with these bodies (all wood). I know there are shops who say they can, but when you question them further they have never done it before, and I don't want to give them a car of that value to learn on :)