1932 Chevrolet BA Confederate Cabriolet

This car was purchased by its current owner in 1994 as a very original, unmolested, rust free, running car.

The body was removed, and repainted, the wood behind and below the rumble seat was replaced, all the other wood was and is in good condition. The chassis received a thorough restoration. The engine was inspected and found to be in good condition, so it just received a "light freshening" (admittedly, I'm not sure exactly what that means) but I do know it did not have the bearings re-babbitted. However, I have run and driven the car, and there are no abnormal noises and it runs smoothly and strong. The interior and top are Lebarron-Bonney and fit very nicely. The restoration was finished off in 1999 with new wiring and chrome plating. There are very few reproduction parts on this car. The tires were new in 2002.

The owner drove the car less than 200 miles after the restoration was finished and the car was parked in a dry storage area until this year.

This past summer (2014) the car received a complete fuel system cleaning, all fluids were replaced, a new battery, chassis lubed, and a 15 mile test drive. It runs and drives GREAT, I was very pleased with how strong the engined pulled and how well the steering and suspension tracked over the road.

The car today is in great condition (not perfect), there are a few paint chips, and there is a chip in the bottom corner of the windshield. The odometer reads 41,626 , I feel it is quite possible that this is the actual mileage but certainly have no way to verify or confirm that. The asking price is $45,000, any reasonable offer will certainly be considered. The car has been "put away" for the winter, but can easily be viewed and driven out of its garage as long as there is not to much snow on the ground here in Northwest Connecticut

I have quite after photos and hope to get them posted here

Any questions or discussions can be emailed or call or text my cell. 860-248-1102

Thanks for looking

Chris

post-60914-143142846034_thumb.jpg

post-60914-143142846038_thumb.jpg

post-60914-143142846043_thumb.jpg

post-60914-143142846048_thumb.jpg

post-60914-143142846053_thumb.jpg

post-60914-143142846057_thumb.jpg

post-60914-14314284606_thumb.jpg

post-60914-143142846063_thumb.jpg

post-60914-143142846067_thumb.jpg

post-60914-143142846071_thumb.jpg

Lovely car, and very nice presentation - informative and direct.

Wish I had more garage space....

....a nice evolution from the '27 roadster which Trimacar and I enjoyed years back - now with another friend...

I think the '32 Confederate is one of the prettiest cars ever.

I wonder what happened with this one on ebay? $14,650 seems nuts.......WHO would sell for that?....... :confused: (Besides the seller of course)

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1932-Chevy-Confederate-Special-2-door-Sedan-/121472121126?pt=US_Cars_Trucks&forcerrptr=true&hash=item1c484d7926&item=121472121126&nma=true&si=cLNkjnXHoUN7jIRYtpOHrScWFrw%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

Re: chatley's ad. Did you notice the ad said 2 door and the picture was a 4 door? It also said it needed painting and tha the missing parts were included. The picture showed a complete painted car with nothing missing. What's more amazing is nobody asked questions and it sold for $20,000.

Am I skeptical or not?

Edited by Paul Dobbin
added Re: (see edit history)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Guest randyta
This car was purchased by its current owner in 1994 as a very original, unmolested, rust free, running car.

The body was removed, and repainted, the wood behind and below the rumble seat was replaced, all the other wood was and is in good condition. The chassis received a thorough restoration. The engine was inspected and found to be in good condition, so it just received a "light freshening" (admittedly, I'm not sure exactly what that means) but I do know it did not have the bearings re-babbitted. However, I have run and driven the car, and there are no abnormal noises and it runs smoothly and strong. The interior and top are Lebarron-Bonney and fit very nicely. The restoration was finished off in 1999 with new wiring and chrome plating. There are very few reproduction parts on this car. The tires were new in 2002.

The owner drove the car less than 200 miles after the restoration was finished and the car was parked in a dry storage area until this year.

This past summer (2014) the car received a complete fuel system cleaning, all fluids were replaced, a new battery, chassis lubed, and a 15 mile test drive. It runs and drives GREAT, I was very pleased with how strong the engined pulled and how well the steering and suspension tracked over the road.

The car today is in great condition (not perfect), there are a few paint chips, and there is a chip in the bottom corner of the windshield. The odometer reads 41,626 , I feel it is quite possible that this is the actual mileage but certainly have no way to verify or confirm that. The asking price is $45,000, any reasonable offer will certainly be considered. The car has been "put away" for the winter, but can easily be viewed and driven out of its garage as long as there is not to much snow on the ground here in Northwest Connecticut

I have quite after photos and hope to get them posted here

Any questions or discussions can be emailed or call or text my cell. 860-248-1102

Thanks for looking

Chris

Hi Chris,

Is the Cabriolet still available?

Thanks,

Randy

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Chris,

it always comes down to pricing. You had the car on ebay I believe and ebay pretty much sets the value for all things in current mkt conditions. Sometimes you get a bargain, but for the most part, things sell according to the mkt.

In any case, consider who is buying a 32 Chevy. The younger crowd is already looking at "newer" cars.

I would sell my 31 roadster which needs finishing and buy the 32, but it is out of reach for me.

Consider a reserve on ebay and start the price at 1.00. Then you will realistically see what this car will bring. It is a beauty!

Actually, it is listed on Ebay now, for the first time. I will be interested to see where it goes , it has had some activity and is crawling up in price.

It does seem like interest in early cars has backed off considerably in the last 5-10 years,which is really to bad, this is such a great hobby. I don't think it will ever go away completely, at least I hope not.

Anyway, thanks for the nice comment about the car, it really is a nice example. I'll let you know what the outcome is

Chris

Guest AlCapone

I am in the market for this car but his original asking price scared me and likely many others away. I think t was a mistake to list it at the price he did when the price guides suggest otherwise. JMO. Wayne