Boyce moto meter?

AL? hard to set price it is s medallion promo piece ? i would sell with it mounted on glove box door or off> seperate> got some response from collectable guys. asked $50 us. offer very close so far. for just medallion . since it is parts for Boyce meter it may be REAL RARE for big buck collected car? $$ are in the knowledge . Make an offer? thanks Rick

Without a size reference, and better detail, I cannot tell if it is a senior or junior size or whether original or reproduction. I don't know exactly when the wreathed rim first came out, but I believe it was about 1924 in the senior size (I have one for my '27 Paige). They are not real common, but not really rare either. Whole, working, original Boyce Moto-meters can be worth anywhere from about $20 to several hundred dollars depending on total condition, specific model, and what car (or truck) name badge is inside. Some truck names are among the most valuable.

Boyce DID make quite a lot of other accessories for automobiles, including electrical temperature gauges, oil pressure gauges, and I think clocks. I don't think that is a Boyce clock, but please, do not take my word for it. I do not know. I might maybe could tell if I looked at it in person, but not from a photograph unless I could also see good photos of an original to compare with.

You might want to check with a clock collector/expert. They could maybe help you most. It could be a real era accessory clock? Or it could be a tour trophy someone made up from spare stuff? I have doubts that Boyce would have used that rim on a mid '30s accessory. It was pretty out of date by then. But I could be wrong.

Drive carefully, and enjoy, W2

Guest AlCapone
AL? hard to set price it is s medallion promo piece ? i would sell with it mounted on glove box door or off> seperate> got some response from collectable guys. asked $50 us. offer very close so far. for just medallion . since it is parts for Boyce meter it may be REAL RARE for big buck collected car? $$ are in the knowledge . Make an offer? thanks Rick

Sorry but I can't be buyer and seller at the same time. Set a price and see what the market says. Wayne