25 Buick fuel system

carmover

Are you talking about a valve that screws into the bottom of the vacuum canister? If that is what you are looking for, there is probably two routes to go. One is to put in a helicoil and use an original valve, or maybe go to a hardware store/ Lowe's etc and see if they have a brass valve that you can use in the bottom of the tank. The plumbing dept is a great place to visit for some of these issues.

Thanks to all who responded .I went by a Hardware store and bought a compression valve and on its list of uses it says it will work with gasoline.I also got a brass elbow fitting

which will screw into the canister so the valve will be in the right place for the line to hook up to.I have got the float working properly and the needle and seat seem to be working ok.

I am going to hook the line up in the morning and see if all of this works when I put fuel to it.I will let everyone know tomorrow how it worked out.

I have been working on the 25 all day and the fuel line and valve is working fine.When I put fuel to it it cranked right up and the motor raced up and idled fine.I let it run for fifteen minutes then turned it off

and let it sit with the gas on for about ten minutes and no fuel leaked out anywhere I cranked it back up and it ran for around five minutes and started to run rough and wouldn't idle I got out and the carb was

leaking gas from the air intake and was coming out of the primer button.

Edited by carmover (see edit history)

post-64273-143142845566_thumb.jpgSounds like your float needle valve isn,t quite seating properly or the float has become saturated. Usually if you give the float button a bit of a jiggle that re-seats the needle. Remove the float cover and see if the float is moving freely on its pivot pin.

post-64273-143142845563_thumb.jpg

Rod, I checked it and I believe the problem is in the pivot pin. I took it out and it will pivot free for a little bit and then it will catch.It has a little play in it up and down.I ordered a kit from kantor and they said it would be 3 to four months before i could get it.The float is coated in super glue and is floating fine as far as I can tell.I have polished the ball end of the needle with emory cloth and tried closing the brass fitting with pliers and took out some of the playand it felt fine and wasn't binding at all.i cranked the car with the cover of and the fuel level was good and it was doing fine for a while then started to give trouble.I hope the kit gets here soon