this is my opel! show yours!

what is it?

hi there all. i see theres a lack there of in the opel section. we should have a go to thread for all opel owners.

mine is a 1973 opel manta that i bought in 2011 with 24,995 miles on the clock! and last month i rolled it over to 30,000 on a fall color cruise. still has 2 original tires. i'm the second owner. have all the original paperwork.

post-89748-143142841601_thumb.jpg

post-89748-143142841578_thumb.jpg

post-89748-143142841586_thumb.jpg

post-89748-143142841592_thumb.jpg

Nice original car! You are fortunate to have found a Manta, and in such nice condition. GTs seem to be all around, but not the Manta body style. I bought a '73 Rallye new and loved that car. Earlier in the year I tried to find another one, but to no avail. I gave up and bought a '64 Skylark instead.

Jim

• 3 years later...

the Opel was bought in Miami in 1973 and taken to school in Texas. During the trip the alternator failed when I went through a tunnel in Mississippi. It was even hard to get parts for these cars back then so I installed a fresh battery and made it all the way to Kerville, TX where a Chevy alternator was adapted. I drove this car all the way down to Mexico ?? City and then back to Miami where I got sideswiped few blocks from the house. The Opel saw its final days and it was later turned in for salvage. Take a look at the curtains.....this was my Motel back then

21926E7D-330F-4724-97A9-DDB3F0BD935D.jpeg

6A52C2CA-C9B7-4ADF-BC46-C6638CDCEA2C.jpeg

0BE94CAA-5F6D-4F97-B346-F3022D2E35AF.jpeg

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

Here are a few pics of my 74 Manta Luxus, which I've owned since 1979 and is affectionately known as "Hooptie". We've made  at least 8 trips across country from  California to Washington,  DC along with numerous trips between DC and Connecticut, DC and Detroit, and DC and Alabama. Always has been a trusty road companion! I've recently completed its restoration (if you're ever really complete), with much help from Todd, Tammy and Debbie at Opels Unlimited - those guys are fantastic. 

Mike and Hooptie.jpg

Mike and Hooptie2.jpg

• Like 7

Beautiful car! It brings back memories of my own Opel, a 1973 Manta Rallye that I had while at college. Mine was the same color as yours, except that mine had the flat black hood. It was a blast to drive. I wish there were more of them around.

• MrEarl pinned this topic
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On ‎5‎/‎9‎/‎2018 at 3:51 PM, mp67riv said:

Here are a few pics of my 74 Manta Luxus, which I've owned since 1979 and is affectionately known as "Hooptie". We've made  at least 8 trips across country from  California to Washington,  DC along with numerous trips between DC and Connecticut, DC and Detroit, and DC and Alabama. Always has been a trusty road companion! I've recently completed its restoration (if you're ever really complete), with much help from Todd, Tammy and Debbie at Opels Unlimited - those guys are fantastic. 

Mike and Hooptie.jpg

Mike and Hooptie2.jpg

Very nice looking car.

• Like 4

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
On 8/13/2018 at 11:58 PM, Elpad said:

Just found this pic on FB, might as well posted here to se if someone can ID model & year.... looks60’s

F602D6F1-14A7-4549-B93C-3AB98A05AF2D.jpeg

It is an 1959 - 1963 OPEL Kapitän (Captain) build in Germany with 2.6 Liter I6.

This is an official OPEL advertisement picture with the license plate starting with "GG" stands for the area of "Gross Gerau", close to Frankfurt Main, where the OPEL Engineering and manufacturing site is located.

From July 1959 to December 1963, a total of 145,616 Captain P 2,6 were built. The last new registrations were recorded in February 1964. The P 2.6 was the last captain who was in the six-cylinder class before Daimler-Benz in the registration statistics. (Wikipedia)

Frank

• Like 1

This is my OPEL Rekord 1900 Coupe, which I have sold back in 1999.

It was build in 1971, originally had an 1.9 liter I4 engine with 3speed AT.

I did a conversion with stronger Commodore front and rear axis and a 3.0 liter I6 engine with fuel injection and a 5 speed manual transmission. 

This car was fun to drive.

Vorne.jpg

Hinten.jpg

Kotflügel.jpg

Motor-Re.jpg

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
On 12/24/2017 at 8:47 AM, Elpad said:

My second car was a Kadette station wagon, I took the picture in 1973 but forgot the car ? year. 1966?

high school friends!

1F2763B9-9BCB-4851-B3B8-2EAC25C95B58.jpeg

Nice! to bad you didn't keep the roof rack! that'd be worth very good money today! i recently finally sold my opel manta to a guy in Puerto Rico! so now it will e spending its life in year round 70-80 degree weather........i, i need to move from the midwest lol

• Haha 1

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 7/8/2021 at 2:45 PM, Riv_fanatics said:

Hyvää, where did u get the parts for restoring it?

Regards to Suomi

Thanks, i get parts all ower the world. From Finland new engine and front suspension parts, some used body parts. From Sweden nos chrome mouldings, used body parts etc, lot of parts from Germany (eBay.de and www.matz-autoteile.de). Even Turkey became some parts.

Car was very poor condition when i bought it. Here is some pictures.

Terveisiä Suomesta! (Regards from Finland)

aihio1.jpg

aihio2.jpg

20140525_210935.jpg

mittarit.jpg

nokka.jpg

edestä_p.jpg

kissansilmä.jpg

maalipinta.jpg

etujarru.jpg

moottori.jpg

puhallettu1.jpg

• Like 8