Brake and turn signal bulb problem

TexasLowell

A bulb burned out in my right tail light. When the bulb went (probably the original) it melted part of the housing (not the lens). Now a standard bulb will not fit since the space is not large enough. I can probably file off the melted plastic, use and LED bulb, or use a halogen bulb. If I file it down, the bulb may not fit snugly. Does someone know the best solution?

A bulb burned out in my right tail light. When the bulb went (probably the original) it melted part of the housing (not the lens). Now a standard bulb will not fit since the space is not large enough. I can probably file off the melted plastic, use and LED bulb, or use a halogen bulb. If I file it down, the bulb may not fit snugly. Does someone know the best solution?

Not quite exactly sure what you're calling a housing, but as you say you can maybe file it down I'm guessing you are referring to the plastic portion of the removable socket assembly. That would be good as replacement socket assemblies are readily available at local parts stores and on line.

I am actually referring to the housing that the removable socket assembly fits into. I suspect that that part would be harder to find. I will try filing it down but if someone knows where I could get the part I would like to know. I will contact TC Parts and see if they have it.

I am actually referring to the housing that the removable socket assembly fits into. I suspect that that part would be harder to find. I will try filing it down but if someone knows where I could get the part I would like to know. I will contact TC Parts and see if they have it.

Bummer; doubt you can get without getting complete tail light assembly. On the bright side, if you can't get it is very easy to transplant that section from almost any old light assembly that has the same type socket mount, the closer to housing curvature the easier the transplant.