1930 DC Dodge Phaeton - Australian bodied

Kevin bc

Does anyone have any info or photos of how the dash of a Phaeton fits under the dash, ie how far back does it sit. The Australian body has a wooden runner across the top, and the door pillar that it screws into, so does the American model have something similar. When I got the car the dash was out & the wood was disintergrating. Any help or photos would be appreciated

KBC

Thanks keiser 31, the dash is the same shape but looks as though its part of the cowl. But it gives me a good idea of where its supposed to sit. Here is Aus we have wood pillars and a wood piece runs right across the top under the roll above the dash, then the dash screws into the runner at the top. My dash doesn't have the little flaps on the end that connect with the pillar.Will be able to sort it out now I can see where it should sit. Thanks once again for the photo's.The phaetons are extremely rare in Australia, less than 1/2 dozen I would say.

Kevin bc

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Kevin,

There is a fellow in Tin Can Bay who has a DC8 tourer which is on the road.

There is also a gentleman in Adelaide who has a CF8 tourer which is on the road.

Perhaps you could give one of those guys a call and see if they can send you some photos?

Their contact details should be on the register we set up years ago.

If not let me know and I can re send them.

Best Regards

Stewart Perry

Hi Stewart, Thanks for the info, I have taken photos of the Desoto in Adelaide, nearly every angle except one of the dash of course. The dash is pretty crude compared with the sedans, its just an insert that screws to the top rail of the cowl. I must get onto Barry Holden in Tin Can bay & have a chat as well.I will ring you one night as I have been intending to call you for a while

regards

Kevin BC.

• 3 weeks later...