Here is a 1947 car that is now a truck...

That's actually fairly well done. The ones I saw around here in the late 60's early 70's typically got a sheet of plywood for the cab back. If only Detroit had known that they could sell the Aussie styled Utes here as well. Well....before the Ranchero and El Camino.

Thanks Dave .. I love that picture...

Looking for a one of (5?) kind project?

Here is one that my dad and I restored . 1933 Franklin Airmanpost-32292-143142840871_thumb.jpgThe truck has a Chrysler overdrive behind the original gearbox with a 18% advantage. The truck was build with the idea what a dealership might of done in the day for a "Service Car".

post-32292-143142840897_thumb.jpg

post-32292-143142841007_thumb.jpg
Here is one that my dad and I restored . 1933 Franklin Airman[ATTACH=CONFIG]282232[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]282231[/ATTACH]The truck has a Chrysler overdrive behind the original gearbox with a 18% advantage. The truck was build with the idea what a dealership might of done in the day for a "Service Car".

post-32292-143142840977_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Mike - I hope you like this:
I think they are great. The Hudson looks wonderful. Please post a side view shot. In my case the box was made up from ash and irons that were salvaged from a original Franklin sedan body . A nice vehicle was made from a car that was previously damage/altered years ago. I have chrome posts and rails to attach to the top of the box like the period wreckers and service cars had. Mike

• 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...