1937 De Soto Overdrive Cable Question

cpwalter

I am installing a OD cable into a 38 Dodge. My question is where does the lower bracket on the cable attach to? There is a bracket that attaches to the dash and then there is another bracket lower on the cable that attaches to something for added support. Appreciate your input. Thanks. :confused:

Guest bishopt

post-79440-143142851516_thumb.jpgI installed an overdrive in my 37 Dodge and I faced the same issue. I made a bracket from flat stock

and bolted it to the cross member, then using a wire cable lock I secured the barrel of the lockout cable to the flat stock.

Tim

Thanks for responding. I have the original bracket that came with the cable. I am trying to find out where it was connected to the frame, transmission, or wherever. I know there are numerous members of this forum that have 37 and 38 and probably 39 Chrysler's and De Soto's that came with Overdrives from the factory. I need one of them to respond with where their bracket is positioned to support the lower end of the overdrive cable. I thought it would be easy but so far no responses other than yours which I appreciate. Maybe something will turn up soon.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]283116[/ATTACH]I installed an overdrive in my 37 Dodge and I faced the same issue. I made a bracket from flat stock

and bolted it to the cross member, then using a wire cable lock I secured the barrel of the lockout cable to the flat stock.

Tim