1949 Buick Roadmaster Fuel Sending Unit Replacement

Guest RobKirk71

Guest RobKirk71

Hello everyone,

I've been looking for a replacement fuel sending unit for my 49' Buick Roadmaster Sedanette. Any recommendations? I'm keeping the 6 volt system and an original equipment fuel tank.

Guest RobKirk71

I can understand stuff being sold for less if they are getting out of a project and are trying to re-coupe some of the money they expended or bought a project and have decided to go a different route and don't need the parts anymore.

• 5 months later...

Bob's Automobilia was very nice to send me a no cost replacement gas sending unit for my 1958 Buick when they could not make a certain welding

repair to my original 58 sending unit.  I kept the replacement gas sending unit in my spare Buick parts inventory, and only recently, last month,

took the after market sending unit and installed it on my 58 Buick.  I had to shorter the exit tube to match the original sending unit but

otherwise it was a quick install.  However the replacement gas sending unit did not work so I sent my original to Wolf in OH to rebuild.  The

original gas sending unit was rebuilt and returned and only this week 5-16-15, through testing, I found that the rebuilt original is not working

either.  The tests I peformed were to eliminate the gas gauge as the cause of the problem.   Oddly--the rebuilt original looked identical to the

Bob's Automobilia replacement that I was given several years ago that did not work.  With the gas gauge eliminated as the culprit, I will talk

to Wolf this next week to see what we do next.  *Point:  a new gas ending unit might look new, and not work.  Continued . . . thanks all

Edited by David Childs (see edit history)

There is one on eBay now that is new/repro - might have come from Bob's Automobilia so watch out on pricing. $125 - http://www.ebay.com/itm/151158886036?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AITHowever, I have actually seen folks selling Steele Rubber window rubbers for less that Steele catalog pricing on eBay lately. Weird.

Everybody sells Steele products for cheaper than buying from Steele directly.

Seriously.