1929 Oakland Cabriolet windows

Guest rjones

I am in need of window regulators and handles for a 1929 Oakland Cabriolet Convertible. Could anyone give me any ideas of other years, makes or models of regulators that I could use? I would take it that the other GM cabriolets would work but what else? Will the regulators from a coupe work? Also would anyone have a picture of what the correct handle for the window regulator would be? All and any help is appreciated!

Thanks for the replies! This at least verifies that my door handles are correct! I would like to find some original window handles if possible. I still need info on the regulators. Does anyone have an interchange manual that would tell me what I could use?

270802208920 This item is on ebay for a 29 Pontiac. The seller and his wife are excellent people and would be willing to measure these to see if they are the same as Oakland. I have bought many parts from them and have always been satisfied. They have even taken pictures of things for me when I was unsure.

I thought that you could contact the seller with dimensions or photos of what you specifically need and he or his wife might be able to help. They have dis-assembled many cars and he has lots of parts. Window regulators are pretty generic. If I had one from any GM about the same year as I needed I could remake it to fit with a little cutting and welding. Our local Speedy Auto Glass repaired all of my 80 year old regulators with new off the shelf parts four years ago. There are only a few sizes of rollers and channels used on most cars.

Thanks Tinindian, but my problem is that all I have is the glass! The wood in the door was butchered so I can't really tell how it mounted. So, I'm at a loss as to what the dimensions should be for the arms etc.

You need a copy of the "Fisher Body Service Manual" for somewhere between 1929 and 1932. There is on ebay now eBay item number:350950386662 I would think that any GM front door regulator would work for you especially if you have to mount it from scratch, I think the only difference between front and rear would be the length of the actuating arm. The rear window only lowers about 80% because of the rear wheel cutout. So all would have to do is lengthen the arm. If you don't have or can't get a manual I could scan and email you the appropriate pages.