Best sources for Factory Correct Headliners & Carpet for our 50's Buicks

buick man

Need to get any feedback for a good source on the best of the best for Factory Correct Headliners and Carpets in regards to material quality, cut, pattern, appearance & available correct colors as well as all those little things like correct hemmed borders alone edges, cuts and over transmission. Some firms offer pre-formed carpet sets but I the ones I have used in the distant past were stiff and did not look right.

I know SMS sells headliners. Has anybody tried their headliners and does it take 6-months to get it like their upholstery offerings?

Any other sources that are of notable mention ?

Edited by buick man (see edit history)

David,

Try Original Auto Interiors (www.originalautointeriors.com) for your headliner. They have the factory correct material and it took approximately 3-4 weeks to get a fully sewn one from them for Old Bessie. They also have quite the selection of NOS materials and vinyls as well. Not sure on the carpets set, but from what I can tell on the headliner quality, the carpets would probably be very correct with bindings, borders, etc.

Check them out.

Edited by 1957buickjim
corrected web address (see edit history)

Yes thank you Jim I have them on my radar and will check them out - Original Auto Interiors, Inc . I will ask if they sell the thin narrow nailer/staple board backings as well. Thought a post that could put together a good comprehensive list would be of some help. I am redoing my model 75's headliner right now so this is timely. Need to have the correct imprint on the material and shade.

Did you install your own headliner as it does not appear to be that difficult especially after watching you tube regarding headliner installs ?

Yes, I have installed 2 of them, and it is a tedious task, to say the least, especially around the corners at the windshield. As for the tack strips, go to www.carsinc.com They are a Tri-Five Chevy parts distributor. Look under cardboard. They have tack strips in many thicknesess in 62" lengths. Hope this helps.