51 buick super

john6shooter

no I did not know of that section.i have pics from when I bought the car,it had sat in a dirt floor garage in san Antonio tx for 40 years before I drug it out and started to bring it back to life.i only work on it a few times a week because I have other things going on.when you are retired there is never enough time to do all the things you would like.i have done all the work on it from welding to body work to paint.i am in the prosess of doing the interior ,have dash painted and all mech. done,thanks for info

MrEarl: thanks for reply, I posted on the link you gave me , I hope I did it right,i never was much good at this new stuff,lol as you can see from the pics I did not restore this car,i just made it a driver and being an old kustom car guy I changed a few things to my taste.see you later

Ben:i have not driven this car yet,i don't even know if it will move on its own.i redid all the mechanical and when it was on jacks the wheels turned when in gear.i hope all the rebuilding I did pays off. I might make it to springfield on a trailer for sale.lol thanks for reply,later

• 1 year later...

here it is 2016 and I finally have time to post pics of completed car .drove it most of late summer with few problems for a 61 year old car.,i can tell you that you should NOT buy used radial tires that were not marked for rotation,all came apart,bought cokers and all is good again.found a visor in box for 51 buick made car look soo much better. also 53 wire hubcaps are cheaper than wire wheels,lol.heres a few pics of completed car.next will be air cond..ps:thanks to everyone for all your imput

post-133347-0-05800300-1453786405_thumb.

post-133347-0-18001200-1453786502_thumb.

post-133347-0-61480800-1453786572_thumb.

post-133347-0-41841200-1453786658_thumb.

• Like 1