Marvel carb air flap springs

Guest Al Brass

Guest Al Brass

Hi,

Is there anyone selling the special Marvel barrel springs for the air valve please. Carb is a brass one and carries the number D123311 and is fitted to my '15 CX24 (4 cylinder roadster).

Regards and thanks

Al

Guest Al Brass

Hi Mark,

Yup, that's the one. It is interesting to see the one in your pic is a straight one. I have been led to believe they should have a stronger section in the center, thus the "barrel" description. Maybe that is a later thing?

Regards

Al

Here are a few of the various different Marvel airvalve springs:

post-37135-143142836645_thumb.jpg

Going from memory, the one on the left is the one used on the 1915 Buick, but would have to check the print to be sure.

Yes, we reproduced them all, but only for use as a component in a rebuilding kit, not sold separately.

Need to positively identify the carburetor. Just one of the features of Marvel that I love so dearly is the complete lack of interchangeability of parts from one model to another.

Jon.

Guest Al Brass

Hi Jon,

Will e-mail you and see what can be done to identify my carb. I have some plain springs, like the ones on the left but I have been told, maybe incorrectly, that they should be barrel shaped.

Regards

Al

Guest Al Brass
Hi Jon,

Will e-mail you and see what can be done to identify my carb. I have some plain springs, like the ones on the left but I have been told, maybe incorrectly, that they should be barrel shaped.

Regards

Al

Hi Jon,

Have e-mailed you but no reply so I am wondering if you saw it?

Regards

Al