Looking for trustworthy 1960's Pontiac parts supplier

Freoway

Hi all. I'm new to the forum. I have a few older cars, the youngest of them being a '63 Grand Prix - a car that I've found to be surprisingly well built. I bought it from a dealer in Concorde, CA (just outside of San Fran). It turned out to be a much better car than I'd realised.

Can anyone recommend someone who supplies parts for these cars? I've ordered a few parts this year from California Pontiac Restorations - dealing with a guy called Nathaniel, but I got my fingers burnt. They supplied a few parts for me, but then mistakenly sent some parts to Austria instead of Australia. He now refuses to answer any of my emails. Very disappointing, and a wad of money that I have to consider lost.

Cheers,

Lloyd

post-104446-14314283149_thumb.jpg

I think I saw your car advertised in Hemmings? Anyroad I most often use Ames Performance Engineering for my Pontiac parts. Knowledgeable & friendly people, good selection-if a part exist for your car they usually have that part. As for your lost parts I would contact Rich Plastino who owns CPR and was a member of the Southern Cal. Chapter of POCI when I was a member some time ago. Talk to him directly and see what you can do.

California Pontiac Restoration

820 Poinsettia

Santa Ana, CA 92701

Ph: 714-245-9800

Toll Free: 1-877-504-8124

Fax: 714-245-9269

cpr@dcninternet

Cheers mate!

Edited by helfen (see edit history)

I tried ringing him a week or so ago. His answering machine said that the business was closed and was moving to new premises and that they would be back in business by November 2. Maybe things aren't going to plan. Either way. I haven't been treated well. I'll try him again soon.

Cheers,

Lloyd

BTW you've got a great looking car! 63 G/P's styling is ageless which started a new trend that made the statement " Less is more" especially when it comes to fins and chrome adornment .

I had a '59 Dodge Coronet for the last 8 years. Only sold it a few months ago. It was dripping with chrome. It was a great car for the period. I actually went to check out a '66 GTO convertible at this car yard, but spotted this Grand Prix. The GTO was nothing much to look at in the flesh (hadn't been well treated), but the GP was a great looking car. The interior is amazing for the time. Not sure how long I'll keep it as I've got too many to keep me busy. Restoring a few old 30's/40's cars. The GP just needs an idler arm and it'll be on full registration. That's the part I was waiting for from the California Pontiac Restoration guy. Cheers, Lloyd

Among other cars I have a 62 Catalina, I bought all the steering/suspension parts from Ames. The tricky hard part to find for those cars is the center link.

Also, if you need to find used parts I would recommend checking the Full-size sections of the Performance Years (PY) Classifieds.

"Big Pontiac Parts for Sale": http://forums.performanceyears.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=449

PY Forum home page: http://forums.performanceyears.com/forums/index.php

You can post "Parts wanted" ads, too.

Nice GP!!!

Thanks guys. Really appreciated. The stuff up with the other company I used has put me back a few months. Nothing more frustrating than sitting around waiting for parts to arrive, only to find they're in AUSTRIA!! Pretty funny I guess (except for the money). Cheers, Lloyd

I tried ringing him a week or so ago. His answering machine said that the business was closed and was moving to new premises and that they would be back in business by November 2. Maybe things aren't going to plan. Either way. I haven't been treated well. I'll try him again soon.

Cheers,

Lloyd

They are back open.