Where to buy New Leather straps for the sidemount spare wheels?

mikewest

• 2 months later...

Mike, I usually get them made at a saddle shop. Also, you may want to look into a Farm & Fleet or a Tractor suply (dog leashes, horse/cow leashes, belts, and etc.). Also ask Rick via www.whiteglovecollection.com - fellow is very nice to work with. Or, www.restorationstuff.com

Also, I would assume Stan Gilliland has a source via www.AuburnCordparts.com

And, Paul Fitzpatrick or Tom Rassmusen via Franklin club

Bernie died some years back and the business was basically lost due to no one knowing how to take it over. I bought countless sets of mirrors over time from him - he was really great at his work.

Does anyone know a good source to buy the black or brown leather straps for the side mount tires in the fenders? I used to get them from Bernie De Winter. There are 1 inch wide with nickel plated buckle. Thank You , Mike

• 1 month later...
Guest AlCapone

I have had 4 sets made for 4 different cars at a saddle shop. Definitely better quality than mail order and they fit perfectly ! Wayne

• 4 months later...

I bought a set from White Glove that were black but after three years they are now black and brown. I also use a saddle shop for any leather products now. Just had a pair of handles made for a trunk and they are perfect to the original.

I just noticed this is an old thread.

Edited by Joe in Canada (see edit history)