1940 Super Coupe/parts car $1,000 OBO

dibarlaw

Not mine. 1940 Super Coupe. As Director of the Mason-Dixon Chapter I Occasionally will get a call about something for sale. The car was presented to me as a 1946 Super 2 dr. The owner sent me about 30 photos as I was able to see it is quite rough. And also see that it was a 1940 not a 46. But with a complete driveline and quite a bit of trim pieces tucked away in the trunk it may provide a worth while donor. Located in Emporium Pa.

If interested contact:

Richard Renolds

814 512-0556

I posted photos in the Wanted/For sale section. He has had no calls. At this time if he gets better than scrap price you can probably pick it up. Otherwise he will take all to scrap!!!!!

The gentleman who has the car really needs the money so if there is no interest he will take it all to scrap. So an offer over scrap price of (about $500) will probably take it.

Again I hear of all the complaints about all the old salvage yards being scrapped out and when a useable parts car comes forth no one is interested. Come on, all the driveline and trim is worth it!!!

Again contact.

Richard Renolds

814-512-0556

I thought a fair asking price for this would be $1500 and he could come down or part out which he was willing to do. But now he is disgusted that no one has called and wants to take all to scrap. It does have a complete drive line and almost all the trim was pulled off and stored in the trunk so no hard work for removal. He wanted to just scrap it but I pleaded, convincing him it has value to antique car enthusiasts. If I did not quote him something higher than scrap price it was going to the crusher!!!

I know myself when a 1925 standard, fairly complete chassis with a reported rebuilt engine came up and I offered $400. since it was in Tennessee. The seller wanted to wait till the end of the sale. I was out bid on e-bay at $175. (I missed putting in my bid). So I thought all was sold. When I called a week later to get information about parts that received no bid. He said no one called so he took all to the scrap and Got $158.00.

Last year there was a 1925 model 54 Sport Roadster chassis mostly complete for about $400 in NY. I called all I knew who could have used this. No interest. So now is probably being made into appliances in China... I know all of us do not have large properties to save all these parts cars,(I don't). But I want to get them into the hands who can use them.

Larry,

I had the same experience with a couple of Corvair Station wagons with good trim, etc. Tried to sell them through ebay, the Corvair club, craigslist, etc and could not even get an offer close to scrap value. Both are probably being made into toasters in China now. Could only wait so long and needed to dispose of them.