1997 Pontiac Trans Am type K wagon coachwork by Pininfarina--anyhbody remember used car lot price?

HistoryBuff

I found an RM auction company description of it being sold for $154,000. In their auction description they say it "was sold by Pontiac in the early 1980s to a

Texas man. In 1993, the car turned up at a used car dealership and Mr. McMullen

purchased the rare piece."

I was wondering if anybody knows the used car lot's name and how much they sold it for? Is this one of the two with bodywork actually made in Italy by Pininfarina. This model a little confusing because some aftermarket customizing firm began making copies.

This McMullen car was restored by Scott Tieman.

I think it was a great looking car, too bad by that time the Trans Am didn't have much power.

thanks for any clues...

• 3 weeks later...

I do not recall how John got the car you are describing, but as an owner of two large Pontiac dealers at the time, I thought he had gotten a few of these cars as mileage cars right from Pontiac thru the years. Also, he did purchase many cars new thru his dealers, not a 'K' but several pace cars, and uniquely optioned Pontiacs. When he downsized his collection a few years back, most of these cars were sold, some were still new with only a few miles on them.

As a side note on 'K's, I was able to go for a ride in the '77 silver car about 1979 when they swaped the nose to a '79. A friends father brought it home for the weekend, was right after I graduated high school. Got a pic somewhere, will post it if I ever come accross it. Cool memories. Bill