1928 Dodge truck auction-Sold-36.000

countrytravler

Great looking truck. These auctions are interesting. I am sure we had a happy seller.

I believe it may have been Screenside in its previous life and has been converted to a Express model. The back of the cab should have a steel shell cover as shown in the attached picture. Note the two rear windows.

post-71470-143142827176_thumb.jpg

the truck is not a 1928 model. The body work is terrible, someone has made a an expensive mistake.

I have found that the so called model year does not necessary have to agree with the build date and sold date. Would my truck be a 28 or 29? It is registered as a 31 in California.

The only thing that is clear is the stamped chassis number and that would determine the series code whether D or E. The one shown by country traveler is a "D" series. See attached model summary. It is not an E series truck. It does have the same chassis as my 3/4 ton E series and not the commercial car chassis of lighter trucks.

It defiantly is not an E series truck? A defining feature is the belt line. Note that the raised belt line does not continue over the cowling to the radiator as does the green truck I posted earlier.

post-71470-143142829801_thumb.jpg

That was the price listed twice on the Auction result section. BJ, American Auto or Mecum Auto, Can't remember which one.

I have watched a lot of these auctions. Whether Barett Jackson or Mercum. Sometimes the bidding goes ballistic. I wonder if the bidders sometimes consider the auction as a competition. There a lot of a lot bidders with deep pockets. Much$$$$$$.

It seems that on Saturday the prices paid are excessive. While on Sunday, after the big money bidders leave, the prices paid are quite realistic.

The money paid could be real. Some really wanted that truck.

Was there frame number given for the 28 DB truck? I could not find any information for the truck on Barett Jackson web site. Just curious if someone has this information.

I have watched a lot of these auctions. Whether Barett Jackson or Mecum. Sometimes the bidding goes ballistic. I wonder if the bidders sometimes consider the auction as a competition. There a lot of a lot bidders with deep pockets. Much$$$$$$.

It seems that on Saturday the prices paid are excessive. While on Sunday, after the big money bidders leave, the prices paid are quite realistic.

The money paid could be real. Some really wanted that truck.

Was there frame number given for the 28 DB truck? I could not find any information for the truck on Barett Jackson web site. Just curious if someone has this information.

I was searching all the classic car auctions. They don't provide numbers when they post these cars. It was one of the 4 auctions that I was searching. Deep pockets is correct. Just look at some of the cars I posted. A Ferrari went for 27 mil. WOW