1936 wheel/hub size

rlcokc

Were all models of the the 1936 buicks fitted with 16" hubs? I have Special and I have been told it has bolt pattern of both 4 3/4 and 5 inches. Anybody know the answer? Trying to resolve the side mount issue as the 6.5 x 16 tires don't fit the side mounts and trying to figure out how to have a spare and tires in the side mount

Guest cccapt42

All were 16" except 60 series (Century). The tire size for 40 series is listed as 6.50x16, wheel size is 4.5x16. 80 series is 7.00x 16 tire w/ 5.00x16 wheel.

Bolt circles 40-5" 60-5 1/2" 80-5 1/2" 90-6"

Are the tires more modern and have a wider aspect than original? Les

Hi,

On my 37 Roadmonster I have found that I could not install the sidemount covers if the tires were inflated. So I deflated them, installed the covers, and then re-inflated the tires. As far as I am concerned, they are just cosmetic (But boy, are they sexy!). I have a "real" spare tire in the trunk.

--Tom

Appreciate the response. Yes the tires are new and are wider than the old tires. I thought when purchasing I would simply not inflate fully and side mounts would fit altho now not sure that will work. I purchased 6.50 x 16 Firestone which shows to have a 5" tread width. I am now considering buying a smaller tire for one of the side mounts and using it as the spare and simply having the firestone spare without air in hopes it will fit. I don't have a need for both spares to be functional. Any suggestion on a tire to inflate, use as a spare that will fit in sidemount? Thanks

Rod