1931 Sr. 60 Front Motor Mounts - Will this work?

JoelsBuicks

I'm restoring my '31 8-67 and I am preparing to install the correct 272 engine/transmission onto the frame. For some unknown reason, none of the parts catalogues carry front engine motor mounts for 1931. This car came to me with a cobbled up '37 248 in it and I'm just happy the frame was left unmolested. I can only guess what a correct or even acceptable mount looks like - I have created a drawing of my speculation but I'm now second guessing myself. I was planning on using '33 front rubber mounts that I bought from Bob's - they are 1/2" thick by about 2" diameter with a 1/2" hole.

Can someone give some insight on the original front engine mounting for this car? Do I need the rubber on both top and bottom of the frame?

Thank You!

post-55940-143142825228_thumb.jpg

I did my '31-67 in 1965, so it has been a while, and I dont remember how the mounts were.

To make rubber engine mounts really work you really have to have 2 rubber doughnuts in compression and held apart by a rigid spacer. For that engine I think 1/4" of rubber on either side of the frame would be OK.

Hopefully there is someone who can give more accurate advise

I did my '31-67 in 1965, so it has been a while, and I dont remember how the mounts were.

To make rubber engine mounts really work you really have to have 2 rubber doughnuts in compression and held apart by a rigid spacer. For that engine I think 1/4" of rubber on either side of the frame would be OK.

Hopefully there is someone who can give more accurate advise

Don, I sensed something might not be right. I'd like to get it as close to original as reasonbly possible. Thanks!