Clutch pedal spring for my 1940

Daves1940Buick56S

So in the process of adjusting the pedal height for the brakes I have noticed that the clutch pedal spring is not holding the pedal off of the throwout. Just having spent a bunch of money on the new clutch and trans overhaul, I don't want to end up going back down this road again. Bob's and Car's don't seem to stock this, but I just got a NOS one on flea bay. So swapping the spring seems straightforward, but the pedal needs adjustment as well, it is literally up against the toeboard. From looking at it from above the adjustment looks really hard to get to, kind of wedged in between frame members. Any tricks here for 1940 series 50 or 70?

Cheers, Dave

Never mind, it was actually trivial. The pedal stop screw adjustment is at the end of the shaft, not at the bottom of the pedal. So that and the return spring adjustments are quite accessible from the bottom. I just jacked up one side of the car this morning and the whole process only took abt 45 mins including readjusting the main spring lash. I did notice some looseness in the pedal to pedal shaft, i.e. taking the return spring up tight and taking up adjustment in the pedal stop still leaves some slop (abt 1/2") so removed that up with the pedal stop adjustment. I will put the spring I ordered in the "future job" bin. Test drove it to Wendy's!

Cheers, Dave