BUICKS AT SEMA

Barney Eaton

SIZE=3]Attached are some of the Buicks on display at SEMA this year at Las Vegas. The tan car is a LaSalle (40 I believe) just had to include it as it was super nice.

The yellow Riviera is a Corvette with Riviera front and rear.... don't know if it is steel or fiberglass. I think one of the other people I traveled with has a side shot that I will post later.

post-30596-143142823176_thumb.jpg

post-30596-143142823165_thumb.jpg

post-30596-143142823167_thumb.jpg

post-30596-14314282317_thumb.jpg

post-30596-143142823173_thumb.jpg

post-30596-143142823178_thumb.jpg

Edited by Barney Eaton (see edit history)

I'll say this for the builder. "The car is not just a trailer queen / show car."

There are more videos on YouTube about the car. Type "Launier Riviera" in the search window and you'll find a handful of different videos.

I think it's in one of the videos that you'll see the original '64 Riviera that was cut up to make this 'Rivision.' Why couldn't he have found a salvage vehicle to make his car rather than cutting up one of the few good ones that are left? :(

Ed

Edited by RivNut (see edit history)

I'll say this for the builder. "The car is not just a trailer queen / show car."

There are more videos on YouTube about the car. Type "Launier Riviera" in the search window and you'll find a handful of different videos.

I think it's in one of the videos that you'll see the original '64 Riviera that was cut up to make this 'Rivision.' Why couldn't he have found a salvage vehicle to make his car rather than cutting up one of the few good ones that are left? :(

Ed

Some cars scream to be modified like 50's Mercs...others like the 53 Skylark and early Rivs are so well sorted out that any mod just looks wrong. A recent Summit Racing catalog had an early Riv, but listed no Buick parts...it too probably had an LS engine like the Rivision.

Willie

The yellow Riviera was the winner of this year's Riddler award presented at this years Detroit Autorama.

The builder spent over $300,000 to win a $10,000 award. ??????

http://autorama.com/awards/ridler-award/

There's over $40,000 in my car.

I would be lucky to sell it for $18,000

All I've got to show for it is a room full of worthless trophies:cool:

The yellow Riviera was the winner of this year's Riddler award presented at this years Detroit Autorama.

The builder spent over $300,000 to win a $10,000 award. ??????

http://autorama.com/awards/ridler-award/

Ed, I can tell you are a fan of the Batman TV show by the way you spelled the Ridler award as Riddler! LOL!

Holy Spellcheck Batman!

I'm guessing the builder will receive lots, and lots of business from the build. He may have built it for a DEEP POCKET customer too.

GEORGE POTEET at one time had 12 high dollar cars being built at the same time. One was a truck that I did work on, it ended up costing $440,000.00. It won truck of the year.

Dale in Indy

That 57 Caballero is a beautiful car.

It was one of the 2014 NSRA "Top 100" cars this year.

I spent some time looking at it and talking with the owner at the NSRA Street Rod Nationals in Louisville.

It was built by "Customs by Kilkeary" in PA.

It was pretty funny listening to the "experts" talking about the car as they looked at it.

One guy was pointing out to his friends how well the body modifications had been done.

He told them the car was a custom bodied car because Buick never built 4-door hardtop wagons.

I just bit my tongue.

post-47436-143142828475_thumb.jpg

post-47436-143142828443_thumb.jpg

Edited by 95Cardinal
added comments (see edit history)