reatta in junkyard Michigan

Guest buickkuhn

Guest buickkuhn

If anyone interested I was at a junkyard in Davison Michigan yesterday and there is one of these Reatta's (red in color ) there lots of parts interior seemed complete available . Looking at it makes you realize that series 1 3800 was the best one of all 3 they made for fwd cars .

Guest buickkuhn

Freemans on lipponcott road just east of m-15 .phone# 810 653 8430 normal business hours during the week 9-5 and 9-4 saturday if open at all . This is one of the good old boys junkyard that still exist - relaxed enviroment bring all the tools you need and if need something done they have a large tractor to move to help .good luck

Guest PontiacDude210

Depending on the condition of the body I might make a day trip there.

There's a white 90 coupe in Joe's on m104 also, for all y'all citizens of MI. They also have an Allante.

Guest buickkuhn

It actually doesn't look like it belongs in the junkyard ,but we all know how quick vehicles get junked for a bad trans ...or whatever it may be ...

Guest buickkuhn
I don't think anyone is doing Reattas for restoration and fewer and fewer being maintained. I posted on a nice 89 red / tan car in my local U Pick It Yard and had no interest. I pulled a lot of parts, like a pristine windshield, displays and interior items, paid the yard several hundred dollars and just recently junked it all. Windshield was crack and chip free and a bear to get out. There's just a few people maintaining Reattas now, nobody seems to think they are worth restoring.

I read a couple forum members on here will beg to differ , That is why I just offer up the car they can go look for themselves . Sometimes I think that then I see a post that someone restored a 1982 olds 98 - go figure everybody has there likes at least the reattas are rarer than most .

Sometimes when I'm talking to someone about Reattas they often say that they believe that they are a collector item. I kind of poo-poo that idea cause

1.) I don't want them getting the idea that they will be able to cash in on some kind of trend and,

2.) when I think about it, there's probably only 50 or so guys (gals) in the states that are truly interested in having a Reatta.

John F.

I want to swap out the whole rear suspension / crossmember assembly on my 88 coupe but timing is not right for me at this time. I have a huge garage rebuild project I'm getting started on and do not have the place to hold an assembly until spring when the garage gets done. Oh well.... I should be able to find what I need when the time comes. I have started accumulating parts for a springtime thrash on my car. I have plugs, wires, oxygen sensor, strut mount insulators & hardware, Plan to get front cradle bushings and bolts. I'm going to be a very busy boy come springtime!