Thunderbird 1954 locked up.

Guest Gerard 1954

Guest Gerard 1954

Dear Thunderbird lovers, I have a peculiar question.

One of the 1954 T-birds was locked up in a container, to be opened after 50

years, so the half century jubilee. Some 5-6 years ago I found on the internet that

container was opened, and there the message abrubtly ended. Today there`s nothing more found about it.

The last years there`s a deafening silence about it, and as a very curious t-bird lover I`d like to

know what exactly was seen in that container after those 50 years, and not only me

but also my friends here owning two 1955 T- birds. Does anyone have some news or even photos of that event?

Many thanks in advance!

Gerard1954, T-bird lover in the Netherlands.

Portholes, That`s it!

Hi Gerard,

I think you are confusing this with a 1957 Plymouth Fury that was stored in 1957 and then brought out 50 years later. It was in an underground vault and in pretty bad shape when pulled out. It was too rusty to be restored. By the way, there were no 1954 T-Birds. The first year was 1955.

It is good to hear from a T-Bird enthusiast in the Netherlands.

Regards,

Lew

Guest Gerard 1954

Dear Lew: Thanks very much for the answer! Well well, I looked it up on there site, it`s hurting the eye. Pity the vault did not stay dry..... Anyway, good lesson for the future, pack the whole vault in plastic.... Thanks again and greets from the Netherlands :) Gerard.

Portholes, That`s it!