A really, really nice front bumper.

Machiner 55

I'm looking for a front bumper for my 1990 Buick Reatta. Technically it's refered to as a "Face Bar", part number 1638989.

It has to be in very good to excellent condition. No pitting, scuffs, scratches, burnish marks, crazing, etc.

I'm actually describing the bumper currently on my car. Except mine now has a bend that's not supposed to be there.

I just need the aluminum part. None of the plastic fillers, valance etc.

I currently have a bumper that came from my '88. Even though it is still shaped the same as it was when it left the factory it is dull, scratched and in some places, pitted. It's not one I want to use as a replacement unless I have to.

If you have one for sale or know where one is, please contact me with a PM or via email through the forum.

Pictures and contact information would be very helpful.

Please help return this vehicle to it's former glory.

In advance, thank you for your time.

John F.

post-67519-143142818378_thumb.jpg

.........Before.......................................................After............

post-67519-143142818371_thumb.jpg

Edited by Machiner 55 (see edit history)

Guest Corvanti

John, if you strike out finding a "decent" aluminum part of your bumper, you might check around for a stainless/pot metal trim restorer. i've seen some Studebaker parts brought back from the dead that now look as new. if one doesn't "do" aluminum (i doubt that), they should know of some that do.

the only thing i can think that they may have do to is remove the "anodized" coating to get to the problems. i removed the coating from my bumpers but kept them looking good for over 2 years with a good coat of wax on them.

i'd probably see what they can do with your spare 88 part, and go from there...:)

John. I think any bumper that's not bent or pitted too deep could be made to look like chrome with some elbow grease if you follow the instructions I posted on ROJ for refinishing aluminum wheels. It might not look like factory for judging purposes since the original finish was anodized but it will look good. Maybe better than stock. I intend to do my bumpers that way when I run out of something better to do.