'57 Corvette Super Sport show car, sort of like SR-2 but without all the racing mods mechanically

This white GM display car looked from the side like an SR-2 race car and it had two separate windscreens like racers used at the time, though more wraparound.It had

SR-2 brushed metal side panels, normal grille, SR-2 type polished alloy dashboard, SR2 turn signals in front, blue stripes on hood and trunk, normal wheels with full wheel covers (not Halibrands). . Shown in '56 at auto shows. Stolen. Supposedly wrapped around a tree. Hidden lo these many years. A couple of years ago I talked to someone via the net in Albuquerque that said it has been restored but that there is still a contest of who owns it after all these years, which may explain why I haven't read about it appearing at a Corvette convention. Anybody have an update? The part of the story that I am most interested in is the stolen car angle (smashed by the thief who stole it?) and what it sold for at its lowest point (maybe traded for a couple of other Corvettes?)

Edited by HistoryBuff
spelling, grammer (see edit history)