Jake Fleming

Ron K.

Since buying my '40 Cabriolet and joining LZOC back in November of 2011, I have met and been helped by many of you on this site. Jake Fleming is one of those, what a great gentleman who has unbelievable knowledge of our Lincolns. Jake rebuilt my radio awhile back and recently my distributor and did a fantastic job on both, but about a week ago the radio quit working. I had a trip scheduled to Dallas and called to ask if I could stop by with my radio, he did a cursory check and agreed that it might be something serious and so I left it with him. Two days later in time to bring it home with me, he had it fixed. It was a shorted vibrator which he dismantled and repaired, replacing the inside rubber like insulator (he said that he just happened to have one sitting around in his parts bin). His in depth knowledge of our cars amazes me, what a treat to have such craftsmen still around in our throw away society. By the way, when asked how much I owed him I felt so guilty at the cost, I had to give him a little more. Thanks Jake, it was a real pleasure to meet you and pick your brain about condensers, distributors and radios.

Ron

• 3 weeks later...